The Warren Scholarship
The Warren Scholarship for Student Leadership acknowledges the twenty years of outstanding service and leadership of Mr Riley Warren AM as Headmaster of Macarthur Anglican School from 1989 to 2008.
The Warren Scholarship for Student Leadership is awarded to a student entering Year 11 in recognition of their demonstrated leadership skills and future leadership potential. The scholarship is open to both current and future students of Macarthur Anglican School. Students awarded the scholarship will be known within the School as The Warren Scholar.
The Warren Scholar will receive:
• $2000 per annum fee relief;
• Either full funding to attend the Thailand Outreach or,
equivalent monetary contribution to attend the Global Young Leaders Conference; and
• Opportunities to attend local student leadership conferences.
The Warren Scholar will be expected to fulfil the following:
• Attend either the Thailand Outreach or the Global Young Leaders Conference
• Assist in preparing Year 6 students for the North Queensland Outreach
• Participate in at least one co-curricular activity in a leadership role
• Assist with the Peer Support programme
• Assist with fundraising activities
ˆ Be involved in the prefect training programme for Middle School and Senior School
Applications for the Warren Scholarship open in Winter Term each year with the ordinary closing date being the last day of Winter Term. Given the impacts of the COVID-19 restrictions, applications have been extended this year until Monday 8 November 2021. The announcement of the successful applicant occurs at Speech and Awards Night.
Each application must be accompanied by a reference using the Online Reference Form.